Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Change

Change starts from within, Change starts with me. Change starts from the bottom up.
Over the last couple of weeks I have been stressed, I have takin on a major resposibility and have not responded positively negative feedback, which sort of makes me look like the bad guy to all those that don't know what is going on with me.
I have been put to the test on a number of occassions and the angry black man has come forward and scared some people.
These same people do not know how much they scare me also
With the way the world is at this present time, things likr the financial crisis, proverty, global warming and racism
All of these things effect me in a negative way.
I had to live in a tent for 5 weeks because of my beliefs and I still hang on to my vision that we are going to live in this great world in perfect harmony
I have been in alot of negative situations in the last few weeks and my strong personality has come to the forefront.
I will keep my faith in the man above because it is his judgement that I seek. that's all that matters to me.
Social Change in Mind..

1 comment:

marginalutility said...

Dear Ira,
I'm Caty Simon, an activist with the Freedom Center, working against this new proposed city council legislation that will essentially criminalize panhandling in Northampton, one of the few ways homeless people can survive. You came highly recommended by Keely and Jenna, and they say you have a lot of connections with the homeless/panhandling population in the area. I want to work on empowering the homeless themselves to work on this campaign--we're planning a free potluck lunch at 1 PM on Sunday October 5th, with possibly a few dollars in stipends involved for each person, for homeless folks to share their stories and concerns and speak out--then some could volunteer to speak out in city council or in events we're planning. Could you call me about this, or e-mail me? I'd love to talk to you--(413)695-6330 or simon.caty@gmail.com or caty@freedom-center.org