Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Less and Less Important

James Meredith applied for admittance to the University of Mississippi. He wrote a statement explaining his decision.......I am going to write his statement and instead of using the word Negroes, I will replace it with the word homeless individuals because it applies to us now...........We have a dilemma. It's the fact that the Homeless are not first class citizens. I feel every citizen should be a first class citizen and should be allowed to develop his talents on a free, equal, and competive basis.......I dream of a day when the Homeless can live in decency and respect and do so with out fear of intimidation and bodily harm, of recieving personal embarrasment and with assurance of equal justice under the law.............................I saw a Beautiful woman in the Library and was intrigued by what she was doing, so I observed her writing on her laptop and beside her she had copies of these documents with strange writings from the past. Now I am not or never have been a shy man and anybody who knows me can attest to that, but there was something about this Vision of Aphrodite that told me to be myself and not be fake. It seems because of my strong personality and the way some New Englanders are, that my approach to them has been some what intimidating and so they take my enthusasim the wrong way. Aphrodite smiled and put me right at ease, so that in my passion of relating my project she did not feel uneasy or uncomfortable in my presence, like her it is hard for me being a New Yorker to gage how some New Englanders are taking what I am saying and how I am saying it, I have to wear kid gloves with some. Aphrodite has come to this place from another region where there is alot more sunshine and thus has traveled extensively to other regions of sunshine. So to come to a place where almost half the year is filled with cold and gloom takes a very strong individual to handle with optimism. Aphrodite writer of " Less and Less important" your feelings are valid and it is not you but the cold hard place that your journey has taken you. To this Adonis you are "Very Very Important"..........Keep the Faith........A rich man told me recently that a liberal is a man who tells other people what to do with their money. I told him that was right from the side of the telescope he looked through, but that as far as I was concerned a liberal was a man who told other people what to do their proverty-Leroi Jones

3 comments:

RandomWriter said...

You are kind, my friend. Spring is around the corner! Keep the faith...

Unknown said...

You are right. It takes a strong individual like yourself to keep the optimism through a harsh new england winter. Try the Smith Bulb Show Live Web Cam http://www.smith.edu/garden/Home/web_cam.html
to keep yourself warm for a bit.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
My name is Hilary. I met you in downtown Northampton. We talked about a venue you were creating for May 17th. I gave you a One Family Gathering flier with Ambience on it. Just wanted to let you know that I am very interested in this gig, and would love to get some details from you about it. You can email me at
Ambient1.hil@gmail.com
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks,

Hilary*